SAA The Philip M. Hamer and Elizabeth Hamer Kegan Award
The Philip M. Hamer and Elizabeth Hamer Kegan Award Subcommittee of the Society of American Archivists seeks nominations for the 2014 award.
This award recognizes an archivist, editor, group of individuals, or institution that has increased public awareness of a specific body of documents through compilation, transcription, exhibition, or public presentation of archives or manuscript materials for educational, instructional, or other public purpose. Archives may include photographs, films, and visual archives. Publication may be in hard copy, microfilm, digital, or other circulating medium.
Recent winners include:
- 2013: Densho, The Japanese American Legacy Project
- 2012: Immigration History Research Center, University of Minnesota
- 2011: University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Libraries March On Milwaukee Civil Rights History Project Team
- 2010: The Giza Archives Project at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- 2009: Ward M. Canaday Center for Special Collections of the University of Toledo’s “From Institution to Independence”
- 2008: Canadian Broadcasting Corporation and the CBC Digital Archives (Les Archives de Radio-Canada)
Individual archivists and editors, groups of individuals, organizations.
All nominations shall be submitted to the Awards Committee by February 28, 2014.
For more information on SAA awards and the nominations process, please go to http://www.archivists.org/recognition/index.asp .