The Society of Florida Archivists welcomes your participation in the SFA Blog. We accept the submission of informative and timely information about the activities of archivists and archival repositories in the state of Florida. If you are interested in writing an article, please review the submission guidelines and submit your article using the contact information below.
- Submissions should focus on Florida archives, collections held within Florida archival repositories, or the research of Florida archivists.
- Topics can range from practical preservation guidelines to reflections on the nature of our professions and the impact we have on our communities. Announcements about conferences and workshops, new exhibits and publications, new acquisitions, employment and grant opportunities, book reviews, and news about repositories and collections are also welcome.
- Photographs and/or accompanying images are strongly encouraged, but not required. Please consider copyright restrictions.
- References are encouraged, but may not be necessary depending on the content of the article.
- Articles should be approximately 500 – 2000 words.
- Submissions should be made as a Word Document and if images are used, submissions should be accompanied by JPEG/web-ready images as separate files.
- We will do our best to accommodate time-sensitive blog submissions, but entries will be posted on a first come, first serve basis.
Submissions should be sent via email. Please also refer any questions to this email address. We look forward to receiving your posts!